Dubai, Aug. 3 : The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced match officials, and warm-up and first round appointments for the upcoming Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2012, to be held from 11 to 26 August in Queensland, Australia.
David Boon, Roshan Mahanama (both from the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees) and Steve Bernard (ICC Regional Referee for the East-Asia Pacific) will be the match referees for the tournament, while the on-field umpires will be drawn from the Emirates International Panel of ICC Umpires, and the ICC Associate and Affiliate Umpires' Panel.
Boon will be the match referee for all matches in Brisbane, Bernard will oversee matches in the Sunshine Coast while Mahanama will supervise matches in Townsville, including the match at the Tony Ireland Stadium which is a broadcast venue.
The international panel umpires include Ahsan Raza, Owen Chirombe, Johan Cloete, Enamul Hoque Moni, Chris Gaffaney, Richard Illingworth, Ranmore Martinez, Peter Nero, Paul Reiffel and Ravi Sundaram.
Six umpires have been appointed from the Associate and Affiliate panel, including Ian Ramage, Mark Hawthorne, Buddhi Pradhan, Sarika Prasad, Richard Smith and Courtney Young.
For all matches, two on-field umpires and a reserve official have been appointed, while for televised matches, a TV umpire also forms part of the playing control team. (ANI)
- ICC U19 CWC is a stepping stone to playing international cricket: Sehwag
- Sangakkara, Sachin, Philander, Kallis, Anderson nominated for LG People’s Choice Award
- Sangakkara banks on home advantage at World T20
- Kallis rises to second in Reliance ICC Test batting rankings, reclaims top all-rounder''s position
- England maintain lead in Test rankings, India slip to 5th