London, Aug 16 : England Cricket spinner Graeme Swann has praised Andrew Strauss, saying he is a bit of a hero for him.
The Sun quoted Swann as saying that Strauss is a magnificent leader, and his contribution to England''s climb to the top of the world Test rankings has been absolutely massive.
He believes that the cricketer is admired not just by fellow players, but also by backroom staff, selectors and hierarchy at the England Cricket Board (ECB).
Strauss usually remains very calm, and always says the right thing, he opined, adding that he knows how to maintain he emotions in place and not get carried away even when things are going well on his part.
He also gave the recent victory of England to Strauss, saying that the graph has been pointing upwards since 2009, when Strauss and Andy Flower joined together as captain and head coach.
There''s no way Strauss and Flower will be satisfied just with getting to the top because they will want to stay there as long as possible, he added. (ANI)
- Botham lauds ‘number one’ England for ‘outclassing’ India
- Wayne Rooney’s hair turns grey after £30K transplant
- Strauss’s England has potential to create cricketing dynasty: Blewett
- Onions called up as cover for Anderson, Tremlett ruled out with back injury
- Serena William’s Rogers Cup victory boosts her US Open title chances