London, Aug 16 : England Cricket spinner Graeme Swann has praised Andrew Strauss, saying he is a bit of a hero for him.
The Sun quoted Swann as saying that Strauss is a magnificent leader, and his contribution to England''s climb to the top of the world Test rankings has been absolutely massive.
He believes that the cricketer is admired not just by fellow players, but also by backroom staff, selectors and hierarchy at the England Cricket Board (ECB).
Strauss usually remains very calm, and always says the right thing, he opined, adding that he knows how to maintain he emotions in place and not get carried away even when things are going well on his part.
He also gave the recent victory of England to Strauss, saying that the graph has been pointing upwards since 2009, when Strauss and Andy Flower joined together as captain and head coach.
There''s no way Strauss and Flower will be satisfied just with getting to the top because they will want to stay there as long as possible, he added. (ANI)
- 'Hobbit' star Dean O'Gorman to portray Kirk Douglas in 'Trumbo'
- Nicole Scherzinger earned 100K pounds to perform at Russian tycoon's party
- Cheryl Cole to set up own record label to rival Simon Cowell's Syco
- Demi Lovato suffers 'minor' arm injury just before Texas concert
- Motherhood is wonderful, says Kerry Washington
- Hackers leak over 50 topless pics of Amber Heard online
- Hilary Duff is open for Lizzie McGuire reunion
- Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett reckons trusting kids is best parenting