London, Aug 16 : England Cricket spinner Graeme Swann has praised Andrew Strauss, saying he is a bit of a hero for him.
The Sun quoted Swann as saying that Strauss is a magnificent leader, and his contribution to England''s climb to the top of the world Test rankings has been absolutely massive.
He believes that the cricketer is admired not just by fellow players, but also by backroom staff, selectors and hierarchy at the England Cricket Board (ECB).
Strauss usually remains very calm, and always says the right thing, he opined, adding that he knows how to maintain he emotions in place and not get carried away even when things are going well on his part.
He also gave the recent victory of England to Strauss, saying that the graph has been pointing upwards since 2009, when Strauss and Andy Flower joined together as captain and head coach.
There''s no way Strauss and Flower will be satisfied just with getting to the top because they will want to stay there as long as possible, he added. (ANI)
- Cristiano Ronaldo wishes Irina Shayk 'greatest happiness' post split and amid new love rumors
- Naomi Watts to be honored with Costume Designers Guild's Spotlight award
- Akshay Kumar promotes 'Baby' in New Delhi
- Pregnant Kate Middleton reveals baby's 'moving all the time'
- Shakira poses with baby bump for UNICEF World Baby Shower
- Jennifer Aniston proclaims herself No. 1 'Oscar snub'
- Joanne Froggatt heading to LA amid fears 'Downton Abbey' role may end soon
- Kussh Sinha’s wedding reception today