London, Aug. 4 : Spanish Formula One racing driver and a two-time world champion Fernando Alonso has called on Ferrari to challenge the current supremacy of the Red Bulls after getting himself back in the hunt for a third Formula One world title.
Alonso, who was 47 points adrift of then leader Lewis Hamilton heading into the last two races, is now only 20 points behind new frontrunner Mark Webber, The Sun reports.
In the race for the constructors'' title, Ferrari has closed the gap to 76 points behind current pacesetters Red Bull.
And although happy to be in what is a five-way scrap for the title, the Spaniard knows if he is to stay there, Ferrari must keep pushing.
"Two races ago the gap was 47 points, but after Germany and Hungary we have reduced that to less than half. It was important for us to do that as we enter August with the four weeks'' break,” Alonso was quoted, as saying.
He added: "Twenty points is still a lot to recover, especially because we know how competitive Red Bull is, and how competitive McLaren is, even if they had a tough weekend.
"I''m sure they will come back very strongly after the break, so we know it''s going to be difficult. But with the car we have now, the improvements we''ve made, we know there will be some circuits with some opportunities, as we had in Germany,” he said. (ANI)
- Raveena Tandon unveils latest issue of Savvy magazine in Mumbai
- Demi Lovato enjoys role model status
- Britney Spears admits to getting new beau
- Cara Delevingne earns 6,500 pounds per day!
- Rachel Bilson welcomes baby girl with beau Hayden Christensen
- Stephen Fry quits Twitter over safety concerns
- Singer sues Beyonce for $3m for ripping off song
- Robert Downey Jr. welcomes baby girl with wife Susan