London, Oct. 14 : Spanish Formula One racer Fernando Alonso has warned key rival Lewis Hamilton of Britain that he will be back to haunt him and wreck his title dream.
The Spaniard has vowed to wreak revenge on his former teammate Hamilton by helping Hamilton’s rival Felipe Massa in the two-race showdown for the drivers’ crown.
The duo was at war last season after Alonso accused McLaren of favouring the rookie because he was English in a British team.
Hamilton got the better on the track, finishing ahead of the double world champ in the standings, and off it as McLaren sacked Alonso, reports The Sun.
Alonso warned: “Yes, there is no doubt. If I can help, I will help Massa. Hamilton and Massa have lost a lot of points. After 16 races the leader has 84 points. In 2006 I had 82 in nine races.
“But in the end the one who makes the least errors will win. We’ll see.”
Hamilton leads Massa by just five points after his first-corner error in Fuji on Sunday earned him a drive through penalty. (ANI)
- ‘Unhappy’ Tevez looking forward to leaving Europe
- Determined Razzaq says Test career not over for Pakistan
- John Terry ‘accuses Vanessa Perroncel of trying to cash in on scandal’
- Peter Crouch ‘begging fiancée Abbey Clancy not to dump him’
- Walcott says ''fantastic'' Beckham is the perfect football professional