London, July 28 - Albanian weightlifter Hysen Pulaku has been excluded from the London Olympics after testing positive for steroids, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced Saturday.
The 20-year-old failed a drug test July 23 and will have his Olympic accreditation revoked, the IOC said.
Pulaku, who was to compete in the men's 77kg category, is the first athlete to be thrown out of the Games for cheating.
More than 100 athletes were prohibited from competing in London over doping offences that were uncovered in the six months leading up to the Games, the IOC announced Friday. (IANS)
- Hot Bikram Yoga `Team GB’s secret to gold success`
- Olympics: Indian shuttler Kashyap off to a winning start
- Olympics: Second seed Xue/Zhang lose beach volleyball opener
- China's Yi Siling wins London Olympic Games' first gold medal
- Vettel criticizes F1 race director for penalizing him in German Grand Prix