Christchurch, Jan 31: Pakistan’s ODI captain Shahid Afridi has said that fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar was left out of the third ODI against New Zealand, as he needs to work harder on his fitness and form.
“Shoaib needs to be match fit and should train. Waqar Younis is spending lot of time and is working hard with him,” the Daily Times quoted Afridi, as saying.
“He might be given a chance to play if we manage to win the series in the next two games,” he added.
Afridi further said that the team management was not thinking about rotating players ahead of the World Cup.
“Their will be no rotation policy and we will play our best team because we want to win this series and the more matches we win it will mean we will go into the World Cup with our confidence and morale sky high,” the
“If we manage to win the series in New Zealand then we will think about rotating players,” he added.
The series is currently tied 1-1. (ANI)
- Pakistan beats New Zealand in Christchurch ODI to level series 1-1
- Williamson to bat in middle-order to revive ODI career ahead of World Cup
- Former Black Cap Bell retires from cricket
- Pakistan outclass New Zealand by 103 runs in final T20
- New Zealand may renew cricket ties with Zimbabwe following Sports Minister''s plea