Karachi, May 5 : After wreaking havoc against England at the beginning of the year, ace Pakistan off-spinner Saeed Ajmal, is now aiming to knock down Sri Lanka during next month’s tour.
Ajmal, the top Test and One-Day International (ODI) spinner in the world, bagged 18 wickets against Sri Lanka in the Test series that took place late last year in the UAE.
His show in Pakistan’s 1-0 Test-series win over Sri Lanka earned him the man-of-the-series award. However, it is believed that his influence may be limited during the forthcoming series due to Sri Lankan batsmen’s increased comfort-levels against spin at home.
“As far as playing in Sri Lanka is concerned, we’re also aware of the conditions as we have played a lot in the country and there should be no major issues. I also know that Sri Lankan batsmen read spin better than England’s. But I did well against Sri Lanka in the UAE and I’m confident that I can repeat my performance. They are good but so am I,” Ajmal told The Express Tribune.
Meanwhile, Ajmal said he was working hard at perfecting the spin arsenal he possesses already.
“I’m focusing on perfecting the deliveries which I already have. I take every assignment very seriously and I work very hard. I’m doing the same for this series and I’m hopeful that it will pay back,” he said.
Pakistan will play two Twenty20s, five ODIs and three Tests from June 1 to July 12. (ANI)
- Shah Rukh Khan`s HNY now available online
- Ringo Starr, Paul Mc Cartney lead heartfelt tributes to singer Joe Cocker
- Sofia Vergara will do anything to stay young
- Stacy Keibler credits strict workout routine and healthy diet for losing baby weight
- Is Leona Lewis' beau planning to pop the question on Christmas?
- Paul McCartney to write a song on Eric Garner protest
- Kourtney K names new newborn son Reign Aston Disick
- Elton John finally marries long-time partner David Furnish