Islamabad, Apr 26 : Despite Sania Mirza refusing to pair up with him for mixed doubles, ace Pakistani tennis player Aisamul Haq is still hopeful of partnering with his `good friend' in the future. Sania refused to the Pakistani's desire to have her as his mixed doubles partner, given the success she is having with her current tennis partner Mahesh Bhupathi. "Sania's a good friend and yes I'd like to team up with her.
We have this Pakistani connection now and it can be great for both countries. But since she's doing well with Bhupathi, I' m not in a position to ask her to team up with me," he claimed Aisam is currently battling a knee injury along with his fallen rankings, in order to get into the top 10 by June 11, to be eligible for the London Olympics 2012. (ANI)
- Surgery forces Sania to give up singles for doubles
- Sania rules out pairing with Pak tennis ace Aisam for doubles
- PCB yet to submit security plan to ICC for Bangladesh cricket tour
- Asif Iqbal says PCB should have taken a firm stance on Bangladesh tour
- India expected to participate in tri-nation kabaddi series in Pakistan