Washington, November 8 : Sean Penn made a dig at his ex-wife Madonna at an award ceremony by saying that her estranged hubby Guy Ritchie is set to reclaim his career to the winning heights post their split.
The 48-year-old, who was married to the Queen of Pop from 1985-1989, was honoured with BAFTA/LA''s Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film on November 7 – an annual ceremony that celebrates all things British in Hollywood.
The actor, while accepting the award from director Paul Thomas Anderson, said that the Brit director might be expected to make a comeback following his divorce with the singer.
“What''s my British thing to say? Guy Ritchie is back!” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
Before being presented with the award, Penn was made the butt of a series of jokes made by Anderson who compared him to filmmaker Kubrick – the inspiration behind the award.
He said, "Stanley Kubrick was a perfectionist and a man of amazing intellect. Sean''s not really either one of those things. Stanley Kubrick was a photographer in the beginning of his career. Sean has done considerable damage to photographers'' cameras in the beginning of his career.” (ANI)
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1