Puri (Orissa), Aug 15(ANI): Keen to spread awareness about the dangers of swine flu internationally acclaimed sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik created a sand culture on Orissa’a Puri beach.
Patnaik has created a five foot high face of a woman wearing a masks with a ‘swine flu alert’ written on it surrounded by four pigs on each side.
About seven tonnes of sand was used to make the sculpture.
He said that locals should be made aware about the swine flu that has already claimed 26 lives and basic precautions like wearing masks and washing hands should be taken.
“We need to create awareness and citizens of the country should take initiative to spread the control of the disease. Messages regarding all possible precautions like wearing masks and washing hands with hot water should be spread. And whosoever feels the symptoms should visit doctor. One should be safe and save others as well,” said Patnaik.
Meanwhile, locals feel that Patnaik’s initiative is a good way of creating awareness about the disease.
“Its very nice and very good. And he is giving a good message of swine flu through sculpture made by sand. And I think it''s a unique message he is giving. So we should be very alert for swine flu take good precautions,” said Rachana, a local resident. (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell