Mattar Al Tayer, the Chief of Dubai transport, has directed the concerned authorities for expediting the Al Sufouh tram project.
The RTA's chairman and executive director said that message has been conveyed to with contractor, the Alstom-Besix Consortium for speedy completion of the project, 30 percent of which has been completed till now.
Work on the project was started in January at a time when financial crisis grappled the region. Al Tayer said, "The RTA has agreed with the Alstom-Besix Consortium to step up the work tempo in the project, the first stage of which is set for completion in 2014."
The initial phase of the project includes the construction of a 9.5km track starting from Dubai Marina up to the Mall of the Emirates station. The first phase of the project is aimed to cover 9 stations out of a total of 19 stations.
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell