The deadline for submission of Know Your Customer (KYC) details by customers holding multiple LPG connections has once again been extended by the Petroleum Ministry.
The deadline has been extended by another 15 days to 30th of November. Earlier too the Petroleum Ministry had extended the deadline by 15 days from 31st of October to 15th of November.
The Ministry has extended the deadline following a request by the government-run oil marketing companies (OMCs) for the same. The OMCs had requested the Ministry to extend the deadline to facilitate LPG customers who had missed the previously announced deadline.
Dealers say the extension of the deadline was required as many customers didn't take the matter seriously till the last day. Moreover, several customers came to know about the KYC requirement only in the first half of November.
Speaking on the topic, a petroleum industry executive said, "Considering the mammoth exercise, the deadline on the request of oil companies has now been extended till November 30."
In the KYC form, customers have to give details like name, date of birth, residential address and also optional information about their bank details. Along with the filled in KYC form, they have to present self-attested photocopies of their ID proof and address.
The drive was launched to extract multiple LPG connections at same address after the government's decision to cap supply of subsidized LPG to six cylinders per household per year.
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name