According to an analyst at the research firm Ernst&Young, the telecom tariff is like to increase by as much as six times the 4.4 paisa estimated by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), or by 26 paisa per minute if the impact of two factors is considered.
Analyst said that the TRAI did not take into consideration the cost of license extension and the cost of spectrum to be auctioned while estimating the increase in tariff during financial year 2013.
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell