Rawalpindi May. 8 : Pakistan's Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Ashfaq Kayani has said the Army would mobilise all available resources to launch a `decisive operation' to crush and flush out the Taliban from North West Frontier Province (NWFP).
"The Pakistan Army will employ requisite resources to ensure a decisive ascendancy over the Taliban," The Daily Times quoted General Kayani, as saying at the 118th corps commanders' conference held at the General Headquarters (GHQ).
Kayani said the Army was fully aware about the impending threat posed by the Taliban and other extremist groups in the country, and is prepared to tone down insurgency at all cost.
"The army has developed full-scale facilities to focus on low intensity conflict related operations," he added.
General Kayani said that the present turbulent situation of the country demands all elements of national power to work closely to thwart challenges posed by the terrorism and extremism.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has declared an all out war against the Taliban in the Swat and Malakand Divisions of the NWFP to flush the insurgents out of the region. (ANI)
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC