London, Aug 12 : Korean designer Joonhuyn Kim’s one bright idea has led to the creation of the revolutionary non-smashable bulb.
And Kim believes the flat light bulb has a number of advantages over its traditional rival, reports The Daily Express.
He said: “When Edison invented the bulb they had to be round because of the way they were blow-moulded, and to help create a vacuum inside.
“However, it is possible to make different shapes of bulb now. There are a lot of benefits to this flat bulb.
“The volume is a third smaller than usual bulbs. It will reduce the cost of transport by a third too.” (ANI)
- Decision on gas price revision taken under RIL’s coercion: Dasgupta
- Government to pay $8.1 billion fuel subsidy in fourth quarter
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell