Rape victim cleared of murdering attacker's baby in Hong Kong

Rape victim cleared of murdering attacker's baby in Hong Kong Hong Kong  - A 15-year-old rape victim in Hong Kong has been cleared of murdering the baby she conceived during the attack on her, a news report said Saturday.

The teenager was charged with murder after allegedly abandoning the baby to die on the ledge of a block of flats two years ago, the South China Morning Post reported.

However, at a High Court hearing Friday, charges of murder and improperly disposing of a child's body were both dropped after experts said it was uncertain whether the baby had been born alive.

The teenager suffered major depression during her pregnancy, the court heard. The man who raped her was jailed for five years and four months last year, the newspaper said.