New Delhi, May 12 : The LJP has rejected reports of any cracks in the Lok Janshakti Party, Samajwadi Party and the Rashtriya Janata Dal coalition in UP and Bihar.
"We take exception to news reports carried in the media ascribing motives to absence of Ram Vilas Paswan from the rally held in Rampur on May 11," LJP Secretary General Abdul Khaliq said.
Khalid said media was speculating too much in LJP chief Paswan’s absence from the Rampur rally, which was prescheduled.
“Ram Vilas Paswan had prior commitments scheduled for the day and the invitation for the rally was received much later. Therefore, it was not possible for him to reschedule commitments already made,” he said.
Leaders of all tree parties will hold a meeting on May 14 to discuss their “future course of action.”
“The leadership of the three constituents would discuss jointly and decide the strategy on the formation of a secular government at the centre after the polling gets over,” Khaliq said.
He added that the three coalition partners would jointly contest assembly polls in Bihar, Jharkhand and UP. (ANI)
- Toshiba, United Technologies ink agreement for global growth in HVAC solutions
- Google offers artificial personal assistant for users ready to give up personal info
- Apple launches iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in India
- Google profits plunges 5 percent YOY, in Q3
- HCL Technologies Q1 Net up 32.3% at Rs 1,873 crore