Nissan has come up with impressive sales numbers in European Markets. The increase in market share was a result of higher sales in Eastern European countries. The company managed to sell 53,323 vehicles in July, markets 3.8 per cent market share in Europe.
Nissan aims to increase its global market share to 8% by year 2016. The total sales for European markets in 2012 have been close to 4.2 lakh. The Juke compact Crossover built in United Kingdom has recorded good sales.
The Japanese auto major has planned to increase its capacity in North American market. The company is market leader in Mexico with 25% market share.
The company has also plans to increase production in Indian market. The company will also come up with more company exclusive showrooms in India to increase its reach. Nissan Micra has been able to carve a decent niche for itself in Indian market.
Automobile markets across the world have been very competitive and the auto majors are facing pressure on margins as wages, steel prices and lower sales have forced the companies to offer good deals to consumers in order to keep the sales volume higher.
- Oil firms falls as government considers export parity pricing model
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit