Wellington - A New Zealander was among the dead in the bomb attacks at two hotels in Jakarta, Prime Minister John Key said Friday.
Key expressed his sympathy to the Indonesian people and all others caught up in what he called a "terrible event."
"Everything I have seen suggests that this is a deliberate attack designed to kill and wound innocent people," Key said.
He said he would contact Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to pass on New Zealand's sympathy personally. (dpa)
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin