Wellington - A New Zealander was among the dead in the bomb attacks at two hotels in Jakarta, Prime Minister John Key said Friday.
Key expressed his sympathy to the Indonesian people and all others caught up in what he called a "terrible event."
"Everything I have seen suggests that this is a deliberate attack designed to kill and wound innocent people," Key said.
He said he would contact Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to pass on New Zealand's sympathy personally. (dpa)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study