Wellington - A New Zealander was among the dead in the bomb attacks at two hotels in Jakarta, Prime Minister John Key said Friday.
Key expressed his sympathy to the Indonesian people and all others caught up in what he called a "terrible event."
"Everything I have seen suggests that this is a deliberate attack designed to kill and wound innocent people," Key said.
He said he would contact Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to pass on New Zealand's sympathy personally. (dpa)
- The Robot-Snake Charger Designed by Tesla Could Scare you Along with Charging your Car
- Food Industry Consolidations Might be What Activist Investors are Expecting
- BOJ Unchanged About Upbeat Economic Assessment In Spite of Contraction Expected in April- June Quarter
- Friday’s US Jobs Report for July Is Expected to Show Strong Gains
- MH370 Debris Wash Ashore to an Indian Ocean Island