Wellington - A New Zealander was among the dead in the bomb attacks at two hotels in Jakarta, Prime Minister John Key said Friday.
Key expressed his sympathy to the Indonesian people and all others caught up in what he called a "terrible event."
"Everything I have seen suggests that this is a deliberate attack designed to kill and wound innocent people," Key said.
He said he would contact Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to pass on New Zealand's sympathy personally. (dpa)
- Scientists say death of a partner may cause an actual ‘heartbreak’
- Trump Criticizes Ford’s Move of Building a New Assembly Plant in Mexico
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Plan to End Merger Deal with New Stricter Tax Rules
- Dollar Close to Its Seventeen Month Low Against the Yen
- Iceland’s Prime Minister Resigns after Panama Paper Leak