Wellington - A New Zealander was among the dead in the bomb attacks at two hotels in Jakarta, Prime Minister John Key said Friday.
Key expressed his sympathy to the Indonesian people and all others caught up in what he called a "terrible event."
"Everything I have seen suggests that this is a deliberate attack designed to kill and wound innocent people," Key said.
He said he would contact Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to pass on New Zealand's sympathy personally. (dpa)
- Eversource Faces Stiff Challenge from ‘Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests’ over Burying Power Lines
- In Carolina Local Gas Prices Hits Lowest Levels in Years
- Brent Crude Drops Close to 2008 Low as Fresh Oil Glut Concerns Hit the Market
- Further Drop in California’s Unemployment Rate Reflects a Steady Economy
- Isis Pharmaceuticals Finally Decides to Change Name