Los Angeles, Feb 2 : Veteran actress Meryl Streep has been roped in to play a witch in a big screen adaptation of hit stage show "Into The Woods".
The show's arranger David Krane says he can't wait to work with the 63-year-old Oscar winning actress again after working with her on "Happy End" in the 1977, reports contactmusic. com.
"Disney is going to make the movie and I will do the arrangements. Meryl Streep will be the witch and it will be the first time I have worked with her since 1977," Krane told BroadwayWorld. com.
The film will be directed by Rob Marshall and reports suggest Christine Baranski will play the Stepmother, James Corden will be the Baker, Anna Kendrick dons the garb of Cinderella and Patrick Wilson will be seen as Prince Charming. (IANS)
- IBM Watson’s Uses Artificial Intelligence techniques to Teach Robots Better Understand Human Communication
- Haggen Grocery Chain Wants Permission to Shutter Hundred More Stores
- New-Home Sales in the U.S. Increased in August by 5.7 Percent
- Federal Reserve Chair, Janet Yellen Feels Dehydrated during Speech; Gets Medical Attention
- Sanford C. Bernstein Reaffirms ‘Market Perform’ Rating for Lockheed Martin