Patna, Nov 7 : A man paid with his life for trying to gatecrash into a reality show here, police said Saturday. He and nearly a dozen others were seriously injured in a baton charge by police to keep the crowds at bay.
The 25-year-old, who succumbed to his injuries at a government hospital Friday night, was part of a crowd that had gathered at Gandhi Maidan here, police said. The show was being attended by Bhojpuri film stars like Manoj Tiwari, Ravi Kishan, Sambhavna Seth and Bhojpuri singers like Sharda Sinha and Malini Awasthi.
Private TV channel Mahua had organised the grand finale of the show "Sur Sangaram" and police said many were trying to enter the venue without a proper pass.
"Police were forced to resort to a baton charge after hundreds of unruly crowds threw stones and tried to enter the venue," a police official said. (IANS)
- Essar Oil to sign $1 billion financing co-operation deal with CDB
- ONGC may sell stakes in deep-water blocks to Shell
- Huge scope for improving Indian shale gas estimates: ONGC
- HPCL Visakha refinery suffers major fire due to short circuit
- No refills for multiple cooking gas connection holders from June 1