Kuala Lumpur, June 18 : An opposition MP has expressed surprise that local banks are still refusing to honour cheques written in Tamil, the Malaysia Nanban reports.
Seremban MP John Fernandez, who is from DAP, said on the contrary, cheques written in Malay, English and Chinese languages were accepted by the banks.
He said he had received numerous complaints from his constituents and was wondering why banks were not giving due recognition to the Tamil language.
Fernandez said while Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak was trying to promote his One Malaysia concept, banks were discriminating against the Tamil language, and promised to raise the matter in Parliament. (ANI)
- Marathon Pharma to sell decades-old drug to treat DMD for $89,000
- FedEx Launches FedEx Fulfillment for Small Business to Compete with Amazon
- CDC updates 2017 advisory for recommended flu shots
- Coca-Cola Helped by Strong North American Demand but Company Issues Lackluster Future Guidance
- Women with dense breasts more likely to develop breast cancer: study