Kuala Lumpur, June 18 : An opposition MP has expressed surprise that local banks are still refusing to honour cheques written in Tamil, the Malaysia Nanban reports.
Seremban MP John Fernandez, who is from DAP, said on the contrary, cheques written in Malay, English and Chinese languages were accepted by the banks.
He said he had received numerous complaints from his constituents and was wondering why banks were not giving due recognition to the Tamil language.
Fernandez said while Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak was trying to promote his One Malaysia concept, banks were discriminating against the Tamil language, and promised to raise the matter in Parliament. (ANI)
- Reportedly Pfizer and Allergan Considering a Combination
- Ted Cruz Unveils Flat Tax Plan, Says it will Spur Economic Growth
- Samsung’s Business Moving in the Right Direction; Quarterly Profits Surpass Estimates
- Feds December Rate Hike Agenda Pushes Dollar to 2-1/2-months High
- Comcast Corp Reports Gain in Q3 Revenue