London, April 29: Buckingham Palace officials have announced that Kate Middleton will leave behind her commoner roots to become Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge after her marriage to Prince William on Friday.
The royal couple will officially become the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after they have tied the knot.
William also became the Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus, which means Middleton will become the Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus, reports the Daily Mail.
As well as a duchess, Middleton is also technically Princess William of Wales.
All titles are in the gift of the Queen and it was up to the monarch to choose which one to bestow on her grandson and his new wife. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach