London, April 29: Buckingham Palace officials have announced that Kate Middleton will leave behind her commoner roots to become Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge after her marriage to Prince William on Friday.
The royal couple will officially become the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after they have tied the knot.
William also became the Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus, which means Middleton will become the Countess of Strathearn and Baroness Carrickfergus, reports the Daily Mail.
As well as a duchess, Middleton is also technically Princess William of Wales.
All titles are in the gift of the Queen and it was up to the monarch to choose which one to bestow on her grandson and his new wife. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz