Mumbai, Nov 11 - Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor, who has been immortalised in wax at Madame Tussaud's, says it is an honour to be in the league of Indian luminaries like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Sachin Tendulkar.
"I think being waxed at Madame Tussaud's is one of the biggest honours I have ever received. In my whole career, I think to be given this particular honour is very rare," said Kareena.
The 31-year-old, who made her debut with "Refugee" in 2000, gives credit to her fans.
"It is obviously because of you guys and all my fans who have made it possible and made my dream come true," she said.
Kareena's wax statue, which cost 150,000 pounds, was unveiled at the musuem in Blackpool Oct 27, a day after the release of her latest film "RA. One".
"I never really thought that I would be waxed or that my statue would stand besides that of famous personalities in museum. Whether it is Mr. Bachchan, or Shah Rukh or Sachin Tendulkar.... really never thought I would be standing next to them. But thank you guys for making my dream possible," she said.
Currently, the actress has her kitty full with projects like "Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu", "Agent Vinod", Reema Kagti's untitled project and Madhur Bhandarkar's "Heroine".(IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes