London, Feb 22: Queen of fashion Dame Vivienne Westwood has said that royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton does not have the style credentials to wear her clothes.
Speculation on just who will design Middleton''s wedding dress has been rife during London Fashion Week.
But Vivienne Westwood has categorically denied it would be her.
''''I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style,'''' the Telegraph quoted her as saying during a Fashion show at the Royal Courts of Justice.
''''Sorry. I''m not going to say any more, that''s it.
''''When people ask me where she''s going to get the dress from - she''s definitely not going to get it from me, or I would have heard,'''' Westwood said.
But the designer paid homage to the Royal Family with her Red Label Autumn/Winter 2011/12 collection at London Fashion Week.
Westwood said the theme was based on ''''the idea of the Royal Family, but somehow, all seen in this very Alice in Wonderland way''''.
She also praised the Prince of Wales for his support of sustainability as she made an impassioned case for the use of wool. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz