London, Feb 22: Queen of fashion Dame Vivienne Westwood has said that royal bride-to-be Kate Middleton does not have the style credentials to wear her clothes.
Speculation on just who will design Middleton''s wedding dress has been rife during London Fashion Week.
But Vivienne Westwood has categorically denied it would be her.
''''I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style,'''' the Telegraph quoted her as saying during a Fashion show at the Royal Courts of Justice.
''''Sorry. I''m not going to say any more, that''s it.
''''When people ask me where she''s going to get the dress from - she''s definitely not going to get it from me, or I would have heard,'''' Westwood said.
But the designer paid homage to the Royal Family with her Red Label Autumn/Winter 2011/12 collection at London Fashion Week.
Westwood said the theme was based on ''''the idea of the Royal Family, but somehow, all seen in this very Alice in Wonderland way''''.
She also praised the Prince of Wales for his support of sustainability as she made an impassioned case for the use of wool. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes