Chennai, Sep 6 - Actor Vikram's role in upcoming Tamil action film "Thaandavam" is inspired from Daniel Kish, a blind American expert in human echolocation.
Directed by A. L Vijay, the film is releasing in about 900 screens on Sep 28 worldwide.
"One part of the character played by Vikram is inspired from real life, but not the entire plot. The story of the film was developed and for the blind character's behaviour, Daniel became the inspiration," Dhananjayan of UTV Motion
Pictures told IANS.
Vikram underwent special sessions with Daniel Kish while preparing for his role. Human echolocation is a technique of detecting objects, their position and sound by sensing echoes.
In the film, Vikram plays a RAW officer who turns blind. Telugu actor Jagapati Babu has been roped in to play the villian, while Anushka Shetty, Amy Jackson and Lakshmi Rai will be seen in key roles.
This is music composer G. V. Prakash's 25th project.
The dubbed Telugu version titled "Shiva Thaandavam" will release simultaneously with the Tamil movie. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers