Chennai, Sep 6 - Actor Vikram's role in upcoming Tamil action film "Thaandavam" is inspired from Daniel Kish, a blind American expert in human echolocation.
Directed by A. L Vijay, the film is releasing in about 900 screens on Sep 28 worldwide.
"One part of the character played by Vikram is inspired from real life, but not the entire plot. The story of the film was developed and for the blind character's behaviour, Daniel became the inspiration," Dhananjayan of UTV Motion
Pictures told IANS.
Vikram underwent special sessions with Daniel Kish while preparing for his role. Human echolocation is a technique of detecting objects, their position and sound by sensing echoes.
In the film, Vikram plays a RAW officer who turns blind. Telugu actor Jagapati Babu has been roped in to play the villian, while Anushka Shetty, Amy Jackson and Lakshmi Rai will be seen in key roles.
This is music composer G. V. Prakash's 25th project.
The dubbed Telugu version titled "Shiva Thaandavam" will release simultaneously with the Tamil movie. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz