London, March 16 : Director James Cameron has revealed that he will re-release his 1997 hit `Titanic' in 3D.
The movie may hit screens in 2012, to mark 100 years since the sinking of the ship.
"We''re targeting spring of 2012 for the release (of a 3D version of Titanic), which is the 100 year anniversary of the sailing of the ship," the Daily Star quoted him as telling USA Today.
The helmer also plans to re-release his recent blockbuster `Avatar' later this year.
He added: "The wildcard is that we might be re-releasing the movie this fall. It''s kind of gotten stomped out (in theatres since the release) of Alice in Wonderland. The word we''re getting back from exhibitors is we probably left a couple of hundred million dollars on the table as a result.
"The question is the appetite still going to be there after the summer glut of movies. We''re going to assess that. We''re talking about maybe adding in additional footage and doing something creative." (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati