London, March 16 : Director James Cameron has revealed that he will re-release his 1997 hit `Titanic' in 3D.
The movie may hit screens in 2012, to mark 100 years since the sinking of the ship.
"We''re targeting spring of 2012 for the release (of a 3D version of Titanic), which is the 100 year anniversary of the sailing of the ship," the Daily Star quoted him as telling USA Today.
The helmer also plans to re-release his recent blockbuster `Avatar' later this year.
He added: "The wildcard is that we might be re-releasing the movie this fall. It''s kind of gotten stomped out (in theatres since the release) of Alice in Wonderland. The word we''re getting back from exhibitors is we probably left a couple of hundred million dollars on the table as a result.
"The question is the appetite still going to be there after the summer glut of movies. We''re going to assess that. We''re talking about maybe adding in additional footage and doing something creative." (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers