London, May 04 : Action hero Sylvester Stallone has killed plans of starring in the fifth Rambo movie, insisting it would be seen as "mercenary".
Stallone, 63, who first starred as troubled Vietnam veteran John Rambo in 1982, had previously hinted that the next Rambo adventure would see the hero take on a "slightly different genre," reports the Daily Express.
He told: "Yeah, we are doing another Rambo but the conflict is whether to do it in America or a foreign country."
But now, it appears that Stallone has abandoned the previously announced project even after the fourth Rambo effort in 2008 made 74 million pounds worldwide.
He says that despite the critical and commercial success of the iconic character of boxer Rocky Balboa in 2006, he's gone off the idea of playing Rambo again.
He says: "I think Rambo's pretty well done, I don't think there'll be any more. I'm about 99 per cent sure. I was going to do it. I said I'd never talk about this but I feel that with Rocky Balboa, that -character came complete circle. He went home.
"But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don't want that to happen."
"I'm very happy with the last episode because I didn't pull any punches on it. So where do you go from there?" he added. (ANI)