London, Oct 11 : British comedian Russell Brand's wax statue was unveiled at Madame Tussauds museum here.
The statue is clad in a well-fitted grey suit, open black shirt and Brand's trademark silver jewellery. The waxwork joins the likes of Dame Helen Mirren, Robert Pattinson and Angelina Jolie.
"We are delighted to welcome Russell to the attraction. He is a one off; a uniquely eccentric English entertainer with international box office hits under his belt and an ever-expanding fan base," contactmusic. com quoted Liz Edwards, PR Manager at Madame Tussauds, as saying.
"We know they are going to love the chance to get up close to one of the most recognisable men in show business and with his distinctive style he will undoubtedly be one of the most visually striking figures here at Madame Tussauds London," Edwards added.
The "Arthur" star, who is engaged to singer Katy Perry, was closely involved in the creation of his waxwork and gave a sitting for the Madame Tussauds team in Los Angeles earlier this year. The model was made in four months.(IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals