London, Oct 11 : British comedian Russell Brand's wax statue was unveiled at Madame Tussauds museum here.
The statue is clad in a well-fitted grey suit, open black shirt and Brand's trademark silver jewellery. The waxwork joins the likes of Dame Helen Mirren, Robert Pattinson and Angelina Jolie.
"We are delighted to welcome Russell to the attraction. He is a one off; a uniquely eccentric English entertainer with international box office hits under his belt and an ever-expanding fan base," contactmusic. com quoted Liz Edwards, PR Manager at Madame Tussauds, as saying.
"We know they are going to love the chance to get up close to one of the most recognisable men in show business and with his distinctive style he will undoubtedly be one of the most visually striking figures here at Madame Tussauds London," Edwards added.
The "Arthur" star, who is engaged to singer Katy Perry, was closely involved in the creation of his waxwork and gave a sitting for the Madame Tussauds team in Los Angeles earlier this year. The model was made in four months.(IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach