Washington, Mar 30 : Rihanna has revealed that as a kid, she used to sit outside her home in Bridgetown, Barbados, scanning the skies at night for signs of aliens.
The singer's dad, Ronald Fenty, was convinced that extra terrestrials were going to visit earth and so made her look for UFOs.
"My dad used to make me sit outside on the steps all night long looking for UFOs flying by, and I had to do that for years," she told the Sun.
"I didn't see any but I saw a falling star once and I was like, `Yessss, Dad! Come and see, it just darted," she added.
Rihanna will be experiencing her closest encounter yet with aliens in her big-screen debut in the sci-fi blockbuster `Battleship'.
She plays an American navy gunner called Raikes, who takes on some scary-looking aliens.
The movie, which also features Liam Neeson and rising star Taylor Kitsch, opens on April11.(ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals