Washington, Mar 30 : Rihanna has revealed that as a kid, she used to sit outside her home in Bridgetown, Barbados, scanning the skies at night for signs of aliens.
The singer's dad, Ronald Fenty, was convinced that extra terrestrials were going to visit earth and so made her look for UFOs.
"My dad used to make me sit outside on the steps all night long looking for UFOs flying by, and I had to do that for years," she told the Sun.
"I didn't see any but I saw a falling star once and I was like, `Yessss, Dad! Come and see, it just darted," she added.
Rihanna will be experiencing her closest encounter yet with aliens in her big-screen debut in the sci-fi blockbuster `Battleship'.
She plays an American navy gunner called Raikes, who takes on some scary-looking aliens.
The movie, which also features Liam Neeson and rising star Taylor Kitsch, opens on April11.(ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers