Washington, Mar 30 : Rihanna has revealed that as a kid, she used to sit outside her home in Bridgetown, Barbados, scanning the skies at night for signs of aliens.
The singer's dad, Ronald Fenty, was convinced that extra terrestrials were going to visit earth and so made her look for UFOs.
"My dad used to make me sit outside on the steps all night long looking for UFOs flying by, and I had to do that for years," she told the Sun.
"I didn't see any but I saw a falling star once and I was like, `Yessss, Dad! Come and see, it just darted," she added.
Rihanna will be experiencing her closest encounter yet with aliens in her big-screen debut in the sci-fi blockbuster `Battleship'.
She plays an American navy gunner called Raikes, who takes on some scary-looking aliens.
The movie, which also features Liam Neeson and rising star Taylor Kitsch, opens on April11.(ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes