Sydney, July 28 : R&B singer Rihanna is set to make her acting debut in a new movie ''Battleship.''
However, her role in the movie remains unknown.
The film is based on the classic board game, where players try to sink each other''s ships by working out which squares they are occupying.
Peter Berg, who previously made superhero movie ''Hancock,'' will direct ''Battleship.''
The 22-year-old is rumoured to have taken acting lessons in the past, and discussed her plans to star in films earlier this year.
"There is so much I want to do. I would love to try my hand at acting. I just want to keep getting better," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.
"I''ll hopefully be making movies and having something to do with fashion as well as making music in years to come," she added.
The movie is slated for release 2012, and it will reportedly start shooting on August 30 this year in Hawaii. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes