Sydney, July 28 : R&B singer Rihanna is set to make her acting debut in a new movie ''Battleship.''
However, her role in the movie remains unknown.
The film is based on the classic board game, where players try to sink each other''s ships by working out which squares they are occupying.
Peter Berg, who previously made superhero movie ''Hancock,'' will direct ''Battleship.''
The 22-year-old is rumoured to have taken acting lessons in the past, and discussed her plans to star in films earlier this year.
"There is so much I want to do. I would love to try my hand at acting. I just want to keep getting better," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.
"I''ll hopefully be making movies and having something to do with fashion as well as making music in years to come," she added.
The movie is slated for release 2012, and it will reportedly start shooting on August 30 this year in Hawaii. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz