Washington, Apr 6 : Queen Elizabeth often cuts up meat for her dogs, according to British politician David Blunkett.
The 85-year-old monarch surprised the blind politician at a lunch when she offered to cut some meat chops he was having difficulty with, and explained that she often prepares food for her corgis.
"I had the privilege of sitting next to the queen at a lunch where Barnsley chops were being served. Now I'm sure everyone understands the difficulty in getting the meat off the bone and the fat off the meat," Contactmusic quoted Blunkett as telling the Radio Times magazine.
"Clearly seeing that I was struggling, the queen asked if she could help me and I declined.
"She then asked me a second time but again I declined and pressed on. On the third occasion, the queen, no doubt somewhat exasperated with this man who clearly needed assistance but stubbornly refused to accept it, said, `Mr Blunkett, there's no need for you to be embarrassed. I often cut up meat for the corgis'," he said.
Blunkett admitted he was so shocked by the monarch's frank admission that he had no idea how to respond.
"I'm not often rendered speechless but I was on that occasion," he added. (ANI
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach