Washington, Apr 6 : Queen Elizabeth often cuts up meat for her dogs, according to British politician David Blunkett.
The 85-year-old monarch surprised the blind politician at a lunch when she offered to cut some meat chops he was having difficulty with, and explained that she often prepares food for her corgis.
"I had the privilege of sitting next to the queen at a lunch where Barnsley chops were being served. Now I'm sure everyone understands the difficulty in getting the meat off the bone and the fat off the meat," Contactmusic quoted Blunkett as telling the Radio Times magazine.
"Clearly seeing that I was struggling, the queen asked if she could help me and I declined.
"She then asked me a second time but again I declined and pressed on. On the third occasion, the queen, no doubt somewhat exasperated with this man who clearly needed assistance but stubbornly refused to accept it, said, `Mr Blunkett, there's no need for you to be embarrassed. I often cut up meat for the corgis'," he said.
Blunkett admitted he was so shocked by the monarch's frank admission that he had no idea how to respond.
"I'm not often rendered speechless but I was on that occasion," he added. (ANI
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes