Washington, Sept 13: Madonna has admitted that she is growing nervous ahead of the release of her directorial debut W. E. because she feels she needs to prove herself as a filmmaker the same way she did in her musical career.
The Like A Virgin hitmaker stepped behind the camera for the lavish royal drama, which documents the scandalous relationship between Britain''s King Edward Viii and American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
The film, Madonna''s second time in the director''s chair but her first on a major release, was slammed by critics when it premiered at the Venice Film Festival in Italy earlier this month (Sep11), with many dismissing it as style over substance.
But the Material Girl told the press at the Toronto International Film Festival on Monday that she was prepared for a rough time from the film experts.
"Of course I do (get nervous). Because it's new. I had the same pressure when I began my music career, and I was nervous and I didn't know what to expect and people didn't know what to expect, and I had to earn my way in being taken seriously in the music department, and now I have to do that in film," Contactmusic quoted her as saying. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes