Washington, Sept 13: Madonna has admitted that she is growing nervous ahead of the release of her directorial debut W. E. because she feels she needs to prove herself as a filmmaker the same way she did in her musical career.
The Like A Virgin hitmaker stepped behind the camera for the lavish royal drama, which documents the scandalous relationship between Britain''s King Edward Viii and American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
The film, Madonna''s second time in the director''s chair but her first on a major release, was slammed by critics when it premiered at the Venice Film Festival in Italy earlier this month (Sep11), with many dismissing it as style over substance.
But the Material Girl told the press at the Toronto International Film Festival on Monday that she was prepared for a rough time from the film experts.
"Of course I do (get nervous). Because it's new. I had the same pressure when I began my music career, and I was nervous and I didn't know what to expect and people didn't know what to expect, and I had to earn my way in being taken seriously in the music department, and now I have to do that in film," Contactmusic quoted her as saying. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz