Mumbai, March 8 : Neha Bagga makes her television debut with "Gurbani" as Rajji, cousin sister of the protagonist, and says her onscreen character is akin to her off-screen persona.
The newcomer is, however, keen to do roles different from her real personality.
"I want to do something completely different. My character (in the show) is exactly how I am. But I want to do something more challenging. I want to play characters opposite to how I am," Neha told IANS.
In the show, Rajji is portrayed as an emotional and fun loving girl.
"My character is exactly the way I am. She is emotional and is excited most of the time. She doesn't like to work... likes to dress up. The director tells me to forget acting and just be myself most of the time," she said and added: "I am very excited, but it is a big responsibility."
Currently pursing her MBA from Panjab University, Neha says her parents wanted her to take up a typical 'nine-to-five' job.
"But I always wanted to become an actress. So, I used to keep giving auditions. For this show, I auditioned in Chandigarh," she said.
However, her parents support her career choice.
"They are so happy. When they saw the promo, they were thrilled. Though they still think that nine-to-five jobs are good, they support me and that is why I am here," she said.(IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings