Washington, Apr 13 : Morgan Freeman has said that he has never had a romantic relationship with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines and slams all the claims as "defamatory fabrications."
Freeman, 74, just released a statement responding to recent reports that he and Hines have been dating for roughly 10 years and were planning to get married in the very near future.
The actor's rep said that the `Bruce Almighty' star remained silent for years because he didn't want to "dignify these stories by commenting," but now he felt compelled to speak out after the reports were picked up by various "mainstream media" outlets.
"The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers. What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well," TMZ. com quoted Freeman as saying in his statement.
Hines has also issued a statement saying, "These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family."
Hines is the granddaughter of Freeman's first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. She and Freeman are not related by blood. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings