Washington, Aug 8: Oscar winning actor Morgan Freeman has finally been discharged from the hospital where he was recovering from injuries suffered during a car crash.
Freeman had met with a ghastly accident while driving with co-passenger Demaris Meyer and suffered a broken arm, broken elbow and damaged shoulder.
The ‘Dark Knight’ star had been admitted in a Tennessee hospital.
"I left the hospital today just after 12 noon, Memphis time, I’m doing very well, I feel real good, I just really, I thank the staff at ''Elvis Presley [Hospital]'' and many, many thanks to my many well-wishers, It''s great to know people care about you,” People quoted Freeman, as saying in a statement released by his representative.
"He''s recovering nicely at home, and his career will continue as planned," said Freeman’s representative Ken Sunshine.
Meanwhile the 71-year-old actor has announced his divorce with Myma his wife of 24 years, from whom he has separated since December.
"And for legal and practical purposes the pair have been separated since December 2007," Freeman’s lawyer Bill Luckett said. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes