Washington, Aug 8: Oscar winning actor Morgan Freeman has finally been discharged from the hospital where he was recovering from injuries suffered during a car crash.
Freeman had met with a ghastly accident while driving with co-passenger Demaris Meyer and suffered a broken arm, broken elbow and damaged shoulder.
The ‘Dark Knight’ star had been admitted in a Tennessee hospital.
"I left the hospital today just after 12 noon, Memphis time, I’m doing very well, I feel real good, I just really, I thank the staff at ''Elvis Presley [Hospital]'' and many, many thanks to my many well-wishers, It''s great to know people care about you,” People quoted Freeman, as saying in a statement released by his representative.
"He''s recovering nicely at home, and his career will continue as planned," said Freeman’s representative Ken Sunshine.
Meanwhile the 71-year-old actor has announced his divorce with Myma his wife of 24 years, from whom he has separated since December.
"And for legal and practical purposes the pair have been separated since December 2007," Freeman’s lawyer Bill Luckett said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals