Lahore, Apr 2 : Pakistani actress Meera’s engagement has been broken off by her fiance’s father.
She had recently gotten engaged to Pakistani-American Naveed Shahzad, a pilot in the US.
His father, Raja Khalid, has asked her to return the Rs 800,000 engagement ring she was given by his son, the News International reported.
Khalid said that Meera’s marital status was unclear. The actress has faced controversies in the past regarding the star’s alleged marriage to Pakistan’s Atiq Ur Rehman.
She had denied being his wife, also saying at one point that the businessman was being paid to defame her. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers