Lahore, Apr 2 : Pakistani actress Meera’s engagement has been broken off by her fiance’s father.
She had recently gotten engaged to Pakistani-American Naveed Shahzad, a pilot in the US.
His father, Raja Khalid, has asked her to return the Rs 800,000 engagement ring she was given by his son, the News International reported.
Khalid said that Meera’s marital status was unclear. The actress has faced controversies in the past regarding the star’s alleged marriage to Pakistan’s Atiq Ur Rehman.
She had denied being his wife, also saying at one point that the businessman was being paid to defame her. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals