London, Oct 6 : Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney is reportedly lending his name to TigerTime, a global campaign to save wild tigers.
McCartney, who is an avid animal rights activist and long-time vegetarian, has urged his fans to sign a petition supporting the campaign.
"Losing the wild tiger would be unforgivable. We need people power to save it! Please get behind this fabulous initiative. Whatever you do, wherever you live, your voice matters! Every signature makes the campaign stronger," The Daily Express quoted him as saying.
`TigerTime' was established in June 2011 by conservationist David Shepherd in a bid to raise awareness of the dwindling numbers of tigers left in the wild. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers