London, Oct 6 : Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney is reportedly lending his name to TigerTime, a global campaign to save wild tigers.
McCartney, who is an avid animal rights activist and long-time vegetarian, has urged his fans to sign a petition supporting the campaign.
"Losing the wild tiger would be unforgivable. We need people power to save it! Please get behind this fabulous initiative. Whatever you do, wherever you live, your voice matters! Every signature makes the campaign stronger," The Daily Express quoted him as saying.
`TigerTime' was established in June 2011 by conservationist David Shepherd in a bid to raise awareness of the dwindling numbers of tigers left in the wild. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati