London, Oct 6 : Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney is reportedly lending his name to TigerTime, a global campaign to save wild tigers.
McCartney, who is an avid animal rights activist and long-time vegetarian, has urged his fans to sign a petition supporting the campaign.
"Losing the wild tiger would be unforgivable. We need people power to save it! Please get behind this fabulous initiative. Whatever you do, wherever you live, your voice matters! Every signature makes the campaign stronger," The Daily Express quoted him as saying.
`TigerTime' was established in June 2011 by conservationist David Shepherd in a bid to raise awareness of the dwindling numbers of tigers left in the wild. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes