London, March 9 : Director Martin Scorsese says he owes no money to the US International Revenue Service (IRS).
It has been reported that Scorsese has been asked to pay $2.8 million in overdue tax. But his representative says the request from IRS is a mistake and the director has cleared all his dues.
A source said Scorsese's troubles were caused by mismanagement by the director's jailed accountant Kenneth Starr.
"The IRS prematurely filed this lien even though Scorsese had an agreement with the IRS to make payments and was fully complying.
Last year, Scorsese and his company were sued by a court-appointed receiver for Kenneth claiming he had not paid a $600,000 fee for services provided since 2006.(IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes