London, March 9 : Director Martin Scorsese says he owes no money to the US International Revenue Service (IRS).
It has been reported that Scorsese has been asked to pay $2.8 million in overdue tax. But his representative says the request from IRS is a mistake and the director has cleared all his dues.
A source said Scorsese's troubles were caused by mismanagement by the director's jailed accountant Kenneth Starr.
"The IRS prematurely filed this lien even though Scorsese had an agreement with the IRS to make payments and was fully complying.
Last year, Scorsese and his company were sued by a court-appointed receiver for Kenneth claiming he had not paid a $600,000 fee for services provided since 2006.(IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz