New York, Mar 31 : Madonna's ad for her new perfume Truth or Dare is proving to be too hot to handle for Disney owned ABC as it has asked that the pop star's breasts and behind be covered up for the promo to run on the network.
ABC executives ordered producers of the ad to digitally alter offending shots of her body in the 30-second black-and-white promo, which shows her cavorting in a low-cut corset and fishnet stockings, wearing a cross and singing over a dance beat, "I'm a bad girl."
"ABC viewed the ad [and] came back with a list of changes. They say they want her bra digitally made bigger, and to extend higher to cover more of her chest, and her corset longer to cover more of her bottom. ABC also wants to cut another suggestive scene where Madonna writhes around," the New York Post quoted a source as saying.
A second source also confirmed the news.
"ABC has requested some changes be made to the content of the Truth or Dare perfume commercial," the source said.
Even once the requested changes are made, ABC brass think the ad can only run after 9 pm - with the exception of daytime show `The View'.
It was earlier reported that the Material Girl's video for her new song, `Girl Gone Wild', had to be re-edited after YouTube banned it from open view and slapped it with an "18 years and over" rating because of racy content. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes