New York, Mar 31 : Madonna's ad for her new perfume Truth or Dare is proving to be too hot to handle for Disney owned ABC as it has asked that the pop star's breasts and behind be covered up for the promo to run on the network.
ABC executives ordered producers of the ad to digitally alter offending shots of her body in the 30-second black-and-white promo, which shows her cavorting in a low-cut corset and fishnet stockings, wearing a cross and singing over a dance beat, "I'm a bad girl."
"ABC viewed the ad [and] came back with a list of changes. They say they want her bra digitally made bigger, and to extend higher to cover more of her chest, and her corset longer to cover more of her bottom. ABC also wants to cut another suggestive scene where Madonna writhes around," the New York Post quoted a source as saying.
A second source also confirmed the news.
"ABC has requested some changes be made to the content of the Truth or Dare perfume commercial," the source said.
Even once the requested changes are made, ABC brass think the ad can only run after 9 pm - with the exception of daytime show `The View'.
It was earlier reported that the Material Girl's video for her new song, `Girl Gone Wild', had to be re-edited after YouTube banned it from open view and slapped it with an "18 years and over" rating because of racy content. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals