London, March 24 - Pop star Madonna almost cried when she returned to the recording studio.
The 53-year-old took a break from her music career to direct "W. E".
"It's amazing to be back in music. I like the intimacy of a recording studio and song writing. I'm using a different part of my brain when I work on music versus when I'm directing a film," she told thesun. co. uk.
"It's very different. I love doing both, but it was nice to have the simplicity of song writing after three years of writing a script and directing and editing and talking about my film, to sit down and play my guitar and sing a song. I almost cried," she said.
Madonna also said she refuses to listen to other artists' work when she is recording because she needs to work from a clean slate with no external influences, reports femalefirst. co. uk.
"I wasn't listening to anything to tell you the truth when I wrote this. I was working on the soundtrack to my movie 'W. E'. So just classical music. I actually don't like listening to pop music while I'm working on pop music - it doesn't really work," she added. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes