London, March 24 - Pop star Madonna almost cried when she returned to the recording studio.
The 53-year-old took a break from her music career to direct "W. E".
"It's amazing to be back in music. I like the intimacy of a recording studio and song writing. I'm using a different part of my brain when I work on music versus when I'm directing a film," she told thesun. co. uk.
"It's very different. I love doing both, but it was nice to have the simplicity of song writing after three years of writing a script and directing and editing and talking about my film, to sit down and play my guitar and sing a song. I almost cried," she said.
Madonna also said she refuses to listen to other artists' work when she is recording because she needs to work from a clean slate with no external influences, reports femalefirst. co. uk.
"I wasn't listening to anything to tell you the truth when I wrote this. I was working on the soundtrack to my movie 'W. E'. So just classical music. I actually don't like listening to pop music while I'm working on pop music - it doesn't really work," she added. (IANS)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz