Washington, Mar 31: Lionel Richie has admitted that he's superstitious when it comes to laying down his vocals.
The singer has to be wearing one of his favourite hats before he'll step into the vocal booth.
``I can't record a song unless I have a special hat on my head. That's probably the strangest thing about me. I have my charmed hats that I have to have before I can record. It's either a beanie or it's a tennis hat. We all have our things," Contactmusic quoted him as telling Q magazine.
The 62-year-old claims to be happy with the slightly less fashionable image he has.
``I've got to be honest with you, `cool' and `hip' were the two words I wanted to stay away from. I was looking more for something like `standard', which is considered a bad word," he said.
``When you think of certain songs, you don't think of what year it came out. It doesn't matter because everybody is singing it. And I wanted to have a standard song like that.
"The thing that scared me about being cool was it meant that I was cool today. And tomorrow I'm uncool," he added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers