Washington, Mar 31: Lionel Richie has admitted that he's superstitious when it comes to laying down his vocals.
The singer has to be wearing one of his favourite hats before he'll step into the vocal booth.
``I can't record a song unless I have a special hat on my head. That's probably the strangest thing about me. I have my charmed hats that I have to have before I can record. It's either a beanie or it's a tennis hat. We all have our things," Contactmusic quoted him as telling Q magazine.
The 62-year-old claims to be happy with the slightly less fashionable image he has.
``I've got to be honest with you, `cool' and `hip' were the two words I wanted to stay away from. I was looking more for something like `standard', which is considered a bad word," he said.
``When you think of certain songs, you don't think of what year it came out. It doesn't matter because everybody is singing it. And I wanted to have a standard song like that.
"The thing that scared me about being cool was it meant that I was cool today. And tomorrow I'm uncool," he added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals