New York, July 19 : Lindsay Lohan's dad Michael has slammed her new lawyer, Robert Shapiro over lack of court appeal.
Michael even admitted that his 24-year-old daughter really needs "a lot of prayers" and an attorney who will appeal her July 6 sentence from Judge Marsha Revel for three consecutive 30-day jail stints for violating probation for a pair of 2007 DUI busts.
The troubled star is reported to join Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, Calif. on Tuesday.
Lindsay recently checked into Pickford Lofts, a Los Angeles sober house that uses meetings, meditation, and the 12-step program to address addiction.
Shapiro, who famously represented O. J. Simpson, founded the program.
"It''s a conflict of interest if he''s putting her in his own sober house but not doing anything for her legally," the New York Daily News quoted Michael Lohan as saying.
"An attorney is ethically responsible for defending their client to the best of their ability."
"But when you have an attorney like Robert Shapiro, who went through so much with his own son and knows the effects of prescription medications, it doesn''t make sense that he did nothing to appeal her case and get her off the meds before she goes to jail," he added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes