Washington, Apr 2 : Kris Humphries is set to fulfil the wishes of a teenage girl who suffers from stage 4 anaplastic large-cell lymphoma.
Friends of the girl, Kaely Kwitek, started a Twitter account called @Kris4Kaely in an effort to get Humphries’ attention. They were hoping to wrangle him for a benefit for her in May.
The NBA star noticed and after a trading a few emails, Humphries and Kwitek decided on April 23 for her to come down and catch a Nets game as his guest. He’ll handle all expenses for the girl and her family and also meet up with her after the game.
“I’m truly honored that someone with much larger things on their plate feels that my involvement in their cause is important,” Tmz quoted Humphries as saying.
“Not many of us can be as strong as she has been. I hope that many more will join me and support Team Kaely,” he said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals