London, Aug 18 : Pop singer Katy Perry has become the first woman to have five number one singles from the same album on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
According to contactmusic. com, Perry's latest release "Last Friday Night (T. G. I. F)" made history as it became her fifth single from platinum record "Teenage Dream" to reach the top spot following the success of "California Gurls", "Teenage Dream", "Firework" and "E. T."
The feat was last achieved by late pop legend Michael Jackson when his 10-track album "Bad" featured five number one singles between 1987 and 1988 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
"What a way to wake up! SO proud to announce that the little-engine-that-could of a song 'LAST FRIDAY NIGHT' is officially #1 & made HISTORY! (sic)" the 26-year-old posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
The singer later praised her fans for helping her become the first woman to achieve the position.
"& u know, I couldn't have done it with out ya, really I owe u guys BIG... so take this moment to give yourself a high FIVE!!! #allbecauseofu (sic)" she further posted.(IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers