London, Aug 18 : Pop singer Katy Perry has become the first woman to have five number one singles from the same album on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
According to contactmusic. com, Perry's latest release "Last Friday Night (T. G. I. F)" made history as it became her fifth single from platinum record "Teenage Dream" to reach the top spot following the success of "California Gurls", "Teenage Dream", "Firework" and "E. T."
The feat was last achieved by late pop legend Michael Jackson when his 10-track album "Bad" featured five number one singles between 1987 and 1988 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
"What a way to wake up! SO proud to announce that the little-engine-that-could of a song 'LAST FRIDAY NIGHT' is officially #1 & made HISTORY! (sic)" the 26-year-old posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
The singer later praised her fans for helping her become the first woman to achieve the position.
"& u know, I couldn't have done it with out ya, really I owe u guys BIG... so take this moment to give yourself a high FIVE!!! #allbecauseofu (sic)" she further posted.(IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes