London, June 8 - Socialite Kim Kardashian is being tipped to replace actress Angelina Jolie in the action-adventure "Tomb Raider" franchise.
Producer Dan Lin had revealed last year that Jolie would not be reprising her role for the next instalment of the action outing because film bosses wanted to cast a younger actress, reports starpulse. com.
Earlier, "Transformers" star Megan Fox was said to be in the running for the role but Fox denied the rumours, and now 29-year-old Kardashian is the latest name linked to the project.
"Kim has wanted to play a far more comic-strip version of Lara, which would be shot in 3D and aimed at a teen audience," said a source. (IANS)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers