Washington, May 16 : Jessica Alba has revealed that she dresses for herself and refuses to pick outfits to please her husband or other men when she was single.
The 31-year-old actress, who is married to Cash Warren and has two daughters Honor, four, and nine-month-old Haven, has never chosen her outfits to get the attention of guys and only chooses garments that make her feel good.
"There are some women who dress for men. I dress for myself. It took me some time to get here. Being a mom and feeling grown-up have helped," Contactmusic quoted her as telling Marie Claire magazine.
"Now if I'm going to wear something short, it has to have a high neck or a little sci-fi toughness to it, an edge.
"Now that I'm older, I've learned how to own it (my sexuality), but I'm still not very overt," she added.
The `Fantastic Four' star insists she felt pressurised to dress and act sexy when she got her first acting break in sci-fi TV series `Dark Angel', which first hit TV screens in 2000.
The screen beauty struggled to cope with the preconceptions of her as an "action girl" when she is demure and "elegant" in real life.
"I had a show that premiered when I was 19. And right away, everyone formed a strong opinion about me because of the way I was marketed.
"I was supposed to be sexy, this tough action girl. That's what people expected.
"(At premieres) I felt like I was being objectified, and it made me uncomfortable. I wanted to be chic and elegant!" she said. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals