London, Feb 24 : Girls Aloud member Cheryl Cole is said to have announced the end of her marriage to footie ace Ashley upon her return home from Los Angeles.
Cheryl, 26, had decided to fly to LA to clear her mind and get a different perspective before making a decision, and when she returned she simply made a statement on Twitter about it.
“Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband Ashley Cole,” the Sun quoted the statement as saying.
“Cheryl asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time,” it stated.
Friends said Cheryl issued the statement to make it crystal clear she had left Cole.
“Cheryl still has extremely strong feelings for Ashley despite being let down, angry and hurt. So she decided to just issue a short statement that they have split up,” a friend explained.
“It is permanent - make no mistake about that. But to soften the blow to Ashley she has allowed the slight possibility that one day - perhaps in six months time - she will hear what he has to say.
“However, it is more than likely she will press on and seek a divorce,” the friend added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals