London, Feb 24 : Girls Aloud member Cheryl Cole is said to have announced the end of her marriage to footie ace Ashley upon her return home from Los Angeles.
Cheryl, 26, had decided to fly to LA to clear her mind and get a different perspective before making a decision, and when she returned she simply made a statement on Twitter about it.
“Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband Ashley Cole,” the Sun quoted the statement as saying.
“Cheryl asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time,” it stated.
Friends said Cheryl issued the statement to make it crystal clear she had left Cole.
“Cheryl still has extremely strong feelings for Ashley despite being let down, angry and hurt. So she decided to just issue a short statement that they have split up,” a friend explained.
“It is permanent - make no mistake about that. But to soften the blow to Ashley she has allowed the slight possibility that one day - perhaps in six months time - she will hear what he has to say.
“However, it is more than likely she will press on and seek a divorce,” the friend added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers