London, Feb 24 : Girls Aloud member Cheryl Cole is said to have announced the end of her marriage to footie ace Ashley upon her return home from Los Angeles.
Cheryl, 26, had decided to fly to LA to clear her mind and get a different perspective before making a decision, and when she returned she simply made a statement on Twitter about it.
“Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband Ashley Cole,” the Sun quoted the statement as saying.
“Cheryl asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time,” it stated.
Friends said Cheryl issued the statement to make it crystal clear she had left Cole.
“Cheryl still has extremely strong feelings for Ashley despite being let down, angry and hurt. So she decided to just issue a short statement that they have split up,” a friend explained.
“It is permanent - make no mistake about that. But to soften the blow to Ashley she has allowed the slight possibility that one day - perhaps in six months time - she will hear what he has to say.
“However, it is more than likely she will press on and seek a divorce,” the friend added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes