London, Feb 24 : Girls Aloud member Cheryl Cole is said to have announced the end of her marriage to footie ace Ashley upon her return home from Los Angeles.
Cheryl, 26, had decided to fly to LA to clear her mind and get a different perspective before making a decision, and when she returned she simply made a statement on Twitter about it.
“Cheryl Cole is separating from her husband Ashley Cole,” the Sun quoted the statement as saying.
“Cheryl asks the media to respect her privacy during this difficult time,” it stated.
Friends said Cheryl issued the statement to make it crystal clear she had left Cole.
“Cheryl still has extremely strong feelings for Ashley despite being let down, angry and hurt. So she decided to just issue a short statement that they have split up,” a friend explained.
“It is permanent - make no mistake about that. But to soften the blow to Ashley she has allowed the slight possibility that one day - perhaps in six months time - she will hear what he has to say.
“However, it is more than likely she will press on and seek a divorce,” the friend added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz