Washington, Apr 19 : Madonna has revealed that she wants to be a tougher parent to the four children she raises.
The `Masterpiece' singer raises daughter Lourdes, 15, son Rocco, 11, and adopted son David, six, and daughter Mercy, also six, admits that she could be harder on them.
On being asked if she is a tough mother, she said that she wasn't as tough as she should be.
"I think I am, but honestly I don't think I'm as tough as I should be. I think I need to be maybe tougher. It's hard though. Everyday is a negotiation," Contactmusic quoted her as telling on US show.
Asked about pictures of Lourdes smoking, taken in New York last month, Madonna said she ``wasn't very happy.''
"Cigarette smoking I'm not very fond of, for anyone, I don't approve of anyone smoking cigarettes, most of all my daughter," she said.
When host of the show pointed out that in the video to her recent track `Girls Gone Wild' she is seen smoking, Madonna defended herself, saying: "Yeah, I don't smoke. That's just an accessory, Harry. There's a difference. "She smoked that cigarette before I did that video, so she didn't' get that from me, OK?"
The 53-year-old star was also asked if there are two versions of her, an off stage one and an on stage version.
"There's probably 25, but to my children there's mostly the one that comes home and says, `Have you done your homework?' and `Why are you wearing that?' and `Why did you say that?' and `What are you eating that for?'" she added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Federer moves to second spot in ATP world rankings post Shanghai Masters win
- Ronaldo scores hattrick as Real thrash Deportivo La Coruna 8-2 in La Liga clash
- Gerrard's late penalty helps Liverpool pip Ludogorets Razgrad in CL fixture
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals