London, Mar 31 : Cheryl Cole, who has had a successful solo career and `X Factor' fame, insists that she's still a regular girl from Newcastle.
The 28-year-old revealed that she leaves Americans baffled when she describes her childhood.
"I still feel like that little girl," the Daily Express quoted her as telling Stylist magazine.
"That's the weirdest thing for me especially when I'm out in America and people are like: `So what's your background, where you from?' "When I tell them, they find it difficult to believe that I'm from a council estate.
"They're like: `No way!'
"In my mind I'm still that person but to them I'm a pop star. It really is the strangest feeling," she added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Serena continues to dominate WTA rankings with 5865-point lead
- India retain second place in ICC ratings despite series loss
- Li Na beats Cibulkova for maiden Australian Open title
- Federer highest-paid athlete in tennis with 71.5 mln dollars earnings in 2013
- Somdev advances to 2nd round of Australian Open qualifiers