London, Mar 31 : Cheryl Cole, who has had a successful solo career and `X Factor' fame, insists that she's still a regular girl from Newcastle.
The 28-year-old revealed that she leaves Americans baffled when she describes her childhood.
"I still feel like that little girl," the Daily Express quoted her as telling Stylist magazine.
"That's the weirdest thing for me especially when I'm out in America and people are like: `So what's your background, where you from?' "When I tell them, they find it difficult to believe that I'm from a council estate.
"They're like: `No way!'
"In my mind I'm still that person but to them I'm a pop star. It really is the strangest feeling," she added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes
- Hamilton set to overtake Beckham as richest ever Brit sportsman
- 2016 Rio Olympics mascot is a bright yellow smiley-faced cat-like figure!
- Nadal set for return to court in Jan
- Pak claim series whitewash with 356-run win in second Test against Oz