London, Mar 31 : Cheryl Cole, who has had a successful solo career and `X Factor' fame, insists that she's still a regular girl from Newcastle.
The 28-year-old revealed that she leaves Americans baffled when she describes her childhood.
"I still feel like that little girl," the Daily Express quoted her as telling Stylist magazine.
"That's the weirdest thing for me especially when I'm out in America and people are like: `So what's your background, where you from?' "When I tell them, they find it difficult to believe that I'm from a council estate.
"They're like: `No way!'
"In my mind I'm still that person but to them I'm a pop star. It really is the strangest feeling," she added. (ANI)
Celebrity Birthday Wishes
Random Acidfree items
- Federer beats Raonic in Brisbane International final to secure 1,000th career win
- MS Dhoni calls curtains on Test career to focus on ODIs
- India trail Oz by 422 runs at end of day two as Smith's 192 guides hosts to gigantic 530
- Ronaldo voted world's No. 1 footballer by elite panel of 73 judges
- Emotional Warner dedicates 'greatest ever innings' to Hughes