London, Mar 31 : Cheryl Cole, who has had a successful solo career and `X Factor' fame, insists that she's still a regular girl from Newcastle.
The 28-year-old revealed that she leaves Americans baffled when she describes her childhood.
"I still feel like that little girl," the Daily Express quoted her as telling Stylist magazine.
"That's the weirdest thing for me especially when I'm out in America and people are like: `So what's your background, where you from?' "When I tell them, they find it difficult to believe that I'm from a council estate.
"They're like: `No way!'
"In my mind I'm still that person but to them I'm a pop star. It really is the strangest feeling," she added. (ANI)
Random Acidfree items
- Leander Paes drops out of top 10 in latest rankings
- Murray disappointed with inconsistency post losing to Federer in Cincinnati quarterfinals
- Murray beats Sousa in straight sets to advance to last 16 in Cincinnati
- 3rd Test: England crush India by 266 runs to level series 1-1
- Mauresmo to continue as Murray's coach